I thought I’d make a list of 10 (+ a special (00)th one) things I reach for when I’m hungry and lazy, sad, happy or just craving comfort food.
While making this list, I realized that, for the most part, even my ‘indulgences’ are pretty healthy. Minus my unhealthy addiction to Kind Plus bars and Malbec, I don’t think I could do any better. For all you dairy-free folks out there, that’s not happening here!
In no particular order of desire:
with Almond Milk
8. Once Again Crunchy Organic Peanut Butter (unsalted) – this stuff is addictive!
07. Kombucha with chia seeds (any flavor)
06. Kind Plus bars – Cranberry+almonds! (major indulgence, major sugar high)
Don’t be fooled – these are healthy but also decadant – I consider them to be at the same scale as a creme brulee. Only bonus – they are (comparatively) MUCH healthier.
05. Chipotle burrito bowl with : chicken + black beans + hot sauce + avocado + lettuce + pico di gallo. Anytime. Anyday. Everyday. <3
04. M’s chocolate protein shake – I made this shake once with a scoop of Vega Chocolate Protein powder, organic cardamom powder and a dash of powdered cinnamon, with a whole lot of almond milk. So decadent! I have been repeating this recipe ever since!
03. Fried over-easy eggs with sriracha sauce. I can eat this at any time. Mid-night. Morning. Whenever.
02. Hawaiian – coconut coffee. I found this amazing blend at this awesome store in my old ‘hood and I have been hooked ever since!
01. Roasted, unsalted organic almonds. I. LOVE. THEM. Seriously addicted.
00. (Needed one!) – Malbec. Just a HUGE glass of Malbec.